Pulse Biosciences, Inc. (PLSE) stock declined in the current market after announcing its Q4 and fiscal 2021 results. PLSE’s share price is $3.43, losing more than 29% compared to yesterday’s closing price. PLSE stock closed at $4.86 at the end of the last trading session. PLSE’s stock volume was around 168.43K shares in the previous trading session. The current market cap of the company is about $144.01 million.
Here's Your FREE Report on the #1 Small-Cap Uranium Stock of '22.
Small-cap Uranium stocks are booming in 2022! The company we're about to show you is the ONLY small-cap stock in the space that benefits from ALL aspects of the global Uranium industry with none of the risks of running a mine. Smart investors will not be hesitating on this one!
Get the FREE Report with all the details here. .
PLSE: Q4 and Fiscal 2021 Key Financials
- Q4 revenue was $844K; last year, the company had zero revenue in the fourth quarter.
- R&D expense in the fourth quarter was $5.6 million. Previously, in Q4 2020, R&D expense was $4 million.
- Net loss in Q4 was $15.4 million. Q4 2020 net loss was $13.7 million.
- Basic and diluted loss per share in Q4 2021 was $0.52; in Q4 2020, it was $0.54.
- Fiscal 2021 revenue was $1.4 million; the company had zero revenue in fiscal 2020.
- R&D expense in FY21 was $28.6 million. Previously, in 2020, R&D expense was $26.4 million.
- Net loss in fiscal 2021 was $63.6 million. The fiscal 2020 net loss was $49.8 million.
- Basic and diluted loss per share in FY2021 was $2.28; in FY 2020, it was $2.14.
PLSE: Achievements in Fiscal 2021
- The company recorded revenue for the first time.
- The company had made different management and strategy changes to focus on different processes related to new system sales.
- The company appointed two gurus in the industry to help them achieve their goals.
- The company had started initiatives to cut different general and administration expenses and had some layoffs to decrease expenses.
- The business accomplished 3 sales of CellFX Systems, two in Q4 2021 and one in Q1 2022.
- After 11 clinics opted out of the Controlled Launch program in Q1, 20 clinics remain.
The company announced its fiscal 2021 results and recorded increasing losses. Although the company made a major development by achieving its first-ever revenue, the losses made the investors skeptical. PLSE had achieved developments in the business, but losses were too significant, making the investors reluctant about it. The company was a pre-revenue company, and for such companies, investors care about performance rather than revenue.