Bio-Path Holdings Inc. (BPTH) shares were falling -9.57% to trade at $3.4 in pre-market at the last check following presenting preclinical data in a significant event. BPTH stock price remained unchanged to close Tuesday’s session at $3.76.
Here's Your FREE Report on the #1 Small-Cap Uranium Stock of '22.
Small-cap Uranium stocks are booming in 2022! The company we're about to show you is the ONLY small-cap stock in the space that benefits from ALL aspects of the global Uranium industry with none of the risks of running a mine. Smart investors will not be hesitating on this one!
Get the FREE Report with all the details here. .
Where BPTH introduced the information?
At the 2022 American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting, Bio-Path (BPTH) presented a poster detailing preclinical BP1003 findings.
- Maria Gagliardi, Research Scientist at Bio-Path Holdings, presented a poster titled “Targeting STAT3 using innovative liposome-incorporated antisense oligonucleotide technology boosts the effectiveness of paclitaxel (taxol) or 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) in breast and ovarian cancer cells.”
- These preclinical studies of BP1003 with chemotherapy combinations against breast and ovarian cancer cells were highlighted in a poster in front of an audience of the world’s best cancer experts at this significant scientific meeting, which BPTH is extremely happy with.
- BP1003 improves the effectiveness of current standard-of-care chemotherapies in these difficult-to-treat solid tumor malignancies, according to the findings.
- Bio-Path is planning to submit an Investigational New Drug (IND) application for BP1003 and begin a clinical trial in patients with advanced solid malignancies.
- STAT3 is a transcription factor that controls tumor growth, metastasis, and treatment resistance, among other things.
- Many malignancies, including breast, lung, ovarian, liver, and colon cancer, are characterized by overexpression and abnormal activation.
- In breast and ovarian cancer cells, activation of the STAT3 pathway enhances tumor start, migration, and taxol resistance.
- STAT3 also enhances 5-FU resistance in colorectal cancer cells and contributes to epithelial-mesenchymal transition.
- STAT3 has been identified as a possible cancer treatment target due to its involvement in a variety of cancers.
- Effective March 31, 2022, Bio-Path (BPTH) added Aline Sherwood to its Board of Directors.
- Martina Molsbergen, who resigned from the Board of Directors on February 14, 2022, was succeeded by Ms. Sherwood.
How BPTH will be leveraged?
With her broad foundation in biotechnology interchanges, Ms. Sherwood incorporates complex science into convincing informing, which is instrumental in directing BPTH’s interchanges to both the clinical and monetary networks. She carries significant industry knowledge to Bio-Path (BPTH) group that will be progressively significant as the organization propels its DNAbilize stage in the battle against malignant growth.